Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I'm just curious to know why it is taking so long - for the unsustainability to become

Posted: Jan 11th, 2017 - 6:35 pm In Reply to: I couldn't agree more. The status quo is unsustainable. - Jay

evident. I am thinking that because a lot of us are retirement age and also getting social security, maybe that's how these MTSOs such as Nuance are getting away with paying so poorly. Also, of course, there are those people in India who get even less. Their plan must be to ship all of the work to India eventually. But then what do you do about the hospitals who don't want their work done in India? It will be interesting to see what happens. In the meantime, I suppose all those people younger than about 50 or 45 are going to leave, if they already haven't, unless there's some compelling reason to stay. Also, what are these cheap-paying MTSOs going to do as the states keep raising the minimum wage? I did predict to someone about 10 years ago that I figured all of the work would eventually move to the South, where the labor in the United States is the cheapest and where the minimum wage is also, now the cheapest. I live in one of the states where the minimum wage was raised, and I fully expect to be fired soon, as not being "worth" the raised minimum wage! A lot of these places have no business ethics whatsoever and I work at one of them, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)