Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

here's my take on it - StillAnMT

Posted: Jan 11th, 2017 - 10:02 am In Reply to: paranoid? - cantstandnuance

First, I do not work for Nuance or the other one. So I am on the outside looking in and have a gut feeling on how these companies run their business.

When a hospital first comes on board with a company like Nuance using VR, that company needs the experienced transcriptionists from that hospital to continue to transcribe, but they are really training the VR to the doctors. Some doctors are picked up pretty quick by the VR - and perhaps the transcriptionists in India can easily correct the minor mistakes. The really hard dictators never really get trained to the VR, so it needs American humans to practically re-do the VR report put out.

there seems to be a six-month timeframe for the VR to be trained.

I met a person who coincidentally worked in the high levels of a hospital in Medical Records. That hospital had outsourced to Nuance. When I told her the above story, she said that Naunce had guaranteed them some kind of six-month timeframe for their transcriptionists to make the same money. Not a coincidence. It also protected the hospital from having to pay their laid-off/ discharged transcriptionists unemployment, at least in our state. So everybody is dumb and happy thinking they have done a good thing. By the way, this was a Catholic hospital.

Just my take on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • paranoid? - cantstandnuance (Views: 979, 2017-01-11, 8:19 am)
    • here's my take on it - StillAnMT
      • paranoid - cantstandnuance (Views: 662, 2017-01-11, 12:03 pm)