Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Keyboard - workinonit

Posted: Jan 6th, 2017 - 1:18 pm In Reply to: Help! Need an idea for keyboard - sm

Cheap keyboards are made with rubber dome key switches which requires a lot of pressure. Plus there is very little tactility underneath your fingers to feel that the key has been activated.

Another consideration is a keyboard with mechanical switches. A mechanical switch requires very little pressure to activate and does not get mushy. I have found that it is effortless typing and once you get used to it going back to a rubber dome keyboard is very difficult because of the feel and pressure needed.

Ergonomic keyboards are great but they are not mechanical - they are rubber dome so it still requires the same amount of pressure. The Microsoft 4000 is extremely mushy. However the position of the wrists is a good thing.

The reason you are using all that force is that the rubber dome wears down and starts cracking quickly.

I have used both and when I switched to mechanical all my wrist and finger pain went away because I barely needed to touch the keys and they were so responsive to the slight touch. No more pounding.

So it depends on what you prefer. The mechanical keyboards are coming down in price and you can now get them on

Amazon for about 40 to 50 dollars. One thing I love are the new compact mechanical keyboards which do not have the number pad and allow you to bring the mouse in closer so that also helped with my wrist pain.

Just another consideration while you are looking into new keyboards. You could research and read reviews on the mechanical keyboard to see if it might be for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)