Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

You must have dialed the wrong number when you called the IRS. - Maybe you got the ILS or the ISR or something.

Posted: Dec 7th, 2016 - 6:04 am In Reply to: IC = Self-Employed - Contacted IRS

No one at the IRS would have told you any such things.

IC contracts absolutely CAN and often DO specify hours of work, among many other requirements with respect to the work that you contract to do.

As for telling you whether or not you "have to work", the contract you enter into dictates that little item - and that failure to do so will be considered cancellation of the contract.

Even employees (in almost every state) are employed "at will", meaning that either party can cancel the relationship without notice and without giving a reason. You can fail to show up for work, and after several days your absence will be regarded as walking off the job. Equally so, you can violate the terms of your contract and it will simply be canceled.

No, no one will come to your house with a shotgun and "make you work" as an IC, nor will they do so if you walk off the job as an employee.

So yeah, I guess no one can "make" you work, regardless of your status. Does that make you feel good or what's the point?

Financial reality "makes" me work, I don't know about you.

I simply don't know where these weird ideas about IC status come from, but I can assure you that a contract for services CAN and often DOES specify all kinds of things from what work is to be done, the quality of the work that is expected, and - YES - the hours that work is to be done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)