Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

QUESTION - RETIREMENT

Posted: Dec 6th, 2016 - 7:50 pm

I will be retiring in early 2017.  I have done this job in pathology for 37 years.  We still have staff transcriptionists, hourly salary and full benefits but we know that in the future (they won't say when) we are going to be replaced witih Voicebrook.  I am told that when I retire they will be using M Modal to pick up the difference. We will then have four MTs left.  They aren't able to retire but I'm just wondering what the usage of M Modal will mean for them once I've retired.  They have told us they will be retaining 2 positions for editing.  None of us believe these positions will be permanent.  This is a large teaching hospital and it has been very good to me salary and benefit wise.  Our pathologists are against speech recognition in any form but they work for the medical school and not the hospital and pathology is the last department in this hospital to eliminate transcription positions.  All the others have done so already.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)