Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I would think not - StillAnMT

Posted: Dec 5th, 2016 - 3:26 pm In Reply to: will demise of obamacare help MT business? - chen

I do not really think so. The demise started long ago with the advent of digital. I believe that Medicare got the idea that they wanted to audit charts without having to go to each doctor's office, so from that sprung the idea of the electronic medical record. Congress got involved (long, long before President Obama) by starting the process of mandating the EMR. Don't quote me on the Medicare part of this story, but I am sure about Congress starting the process of mandating the EMR years ago.

The Medicare part of the story makes sense to me because, otherwise, why would Congress be involved or care about how a doctor keeps his/her records.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)