Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Saw a job posted for a dishwasher - 2old2MT2

Posted: Dec 5th, 2016 - 2:11 pm

Beyond depressed.  I am currently working still doing MT, but as an IC for 4 cpl. Bring home (depending on work which always seems to run out) between $300 and $400 every 2 weeks.  This is WITHOUT taxes taken out.  The job for a diswasher !!!! makes more than I do.  What was all my training (community college SUM program) and years of experience for?  This is the season to be grateful for what we have, and I am.  It's just so depressing that our profession has come to this.  From lucrative to below minimum wage, no benefits and slave labor.  Plus once you hit 60, who is going to  hire you.  Too old (and out of shape lol) to waittress or have a job on my feet all day.  I thank God for my family or else I would be on the streets.  How scary is that???

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)