Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 43)

I agree completely - with one more question

Posted: Dec 4th, 2016 - 10:54 pm In Reply to: You mean people actually think "IC" means - "work whenever you like"?

I want to add two scenarios:

#1: If the IC is more than busy and earns great income during the hours they are scheduled, is this bad? Not in my opnion.

#2: If the IC is not busy enough to earn a decent income during those hours and supplements income with other sources during that same time, is this bad? Not in my opinion.

Either scenario makes satisfactory income for the IC, so why is it bad for the IC?

I work under scenario #2 and it works for me, complies with IRS regs and I earn a livable wage. People get so worked up about a schedule, but the last job I left was for a surgery center where the dictation came in 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. There was no mention that I needed to work fro 7 to 5, but common sense told me to work during that time frame or other MTs would get the work and I would be SOOL with no income. Joint Commission plays a huge part in clients needing fast TAT for acute care and you have to give the clents what they need.

Just because you are an IC does not mean the client is wrong to expect the work be done on a set schedule. Coders have to work particular schedules and transcription has to be available to them so they can do their job.

If you want to work when you want to work without having to be responsible for when you do the work, MT is not the career for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)