Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No Name - No Name

Posted: Nov 30th, 2016 - 2:23 pm In Reply to: Some advice... - MT

I do realize that I know as much and even more than the "scribes" and medical assistants that I encounter during office visits. I also make a ton more money than they do. I just am looking for something for backup in the future. Im 41 and when the kids move out, maybe I wont care about the pay cut and to just go room to room with a laptop asking question and clicking checkboxes sounds like a nice change of pace. However, unfortunately in my area all of the doctor offices are managed through large healthcare systems. Private doctor offices do not advertise for jobs. The hiring is controlled by these healthcare systems and they require you to be a certified or registered medical assistant. I found a course through Penn Foster believe it or not for an AAS Degree in Medical Assisting and it is actually accredited by ABHES and so I can sit for the CMA or the RMA exam if I take this course and the payment options are very reasonable. I just need to find an externship at the end of the fourth semester.

I agree I do not need to take any courses to be able to do that job. Of course if there were clinical duties, I would need to. However, I do not want to perform clinical duties.

I just want to make sure I am covered in the future as far as having a job goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)