Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 38)

Some advice... - MT

Posted: Nov 30th, 2016 - 2:10 pm In Reply to: Career Searching - No Name

I wouldn't take a course for either. It's a waste of money.

With medical assisting, you should be able to find a job with no experience and no education. As an MT, you will find that you already have more knowledge than most MA's. No need to spend thousands on an education that you don't need. If you can't find an entry-level position, try starting as front desk and move up.

Regarding coding, if you went that far with Andrew's, go and take the CPC. Buy the 3 practice tests from AAPC. What you score on this is very accurate as to how you will score on the exam. As wild as it sounds, the exam isn't that difficult. I studied only 4 chapters from the AAPC 20+ chapter coding course book and passed. That is all the studying I did, plus watched some videos online. Do not invest anymore money into coding. It's very hard to get a job, and it is quickly going the way of MT as far as offshoring and low pay.

Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)