Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Medical - transcription

Posted: Nov 28th, 2016 - 5:24 am In Reply to: Interview with a Medical Transcripionist - Ashley

Response:
1. Was an administrative secretary in HIMS at a hospital. In 1990, everyone was asked to pick another job in the dept. to cross-train on so I chose transcription. I got free paid on the job training and was taught by women who had been in the field for years. Took me a good three years to feel comfortable transcribing. Any medical word, medication, anatomy, device, procedure, disease, etc., I did not understand, I looked it up and memorized its meaning.

2. What I USED to love was using my brain in transcribing difficult reports!

3. It is today a worthless job without decent pay, having turned MTs into machines editing garbage reports.

4. 25 years of being an MT was in hospitals.

5. Advice to someone entering this kind of work? DON'T DO IT! YOU WILL BECOME SLAVE LABOR!

6. A good three years to feeling proficient.

7. PT now working 20 hours a week; semi-retired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)