Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 57)

Amphion on minimum wage - Former Amphion MT

Posted: Oct 27th, 2016 - 1:36 am In Reply to: amphion/imedx/min wage - WC

I worked there about 4 years ago and it was a big, very busy and impressive company, but it had a lot of people making a lot of what I felt were ridiculous rules. All companies have a couple of big rules, but they had at least 5. One of them was if you fell into minimum wage 2 times in one year, that you would be fired. Yes, really! Two weeks after I got off training, I fell into minimum wage during the last 2 weeks of December, you know, where all business usually slows down and it is not our fault. The supervisor said she knew we ran out of work, but she had to tell me anyway. I said, WHY, but got no answer, so I guess it was an official warning or why would she have to tell me? We cannot legally be held responsible if they have no work and we are on duty to do the work. Their pay scale was just a few pennies above minimum wage for my state, so I really didn't see the problem because when they had work, my line count was up. Some of these bosses really don't care about us because they don't get hurt by the rules. I would guess if Amphion has been taken over or merged with other companies now that eventually these rules will phase out...or so we hope, right? I worked at Keystrokes after that and their pay was about $2.40 below minimum wage in my state, so Keystrokes always paid me minimum wage and kept their mouths shut. My state has one of the higher minimum wages, so I was begrudgingly happy to get that considering the struggles we have these days to make any money at all. As far as Amphion, I wrote them a letter and told them that they had broken 3 of my rules and that I expected to be treated with respect, dignity, and human kindness. I told them they were FIRED, one of the best things I have ever done. Best of luck to you all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)