Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Got laid off from Nuance (I'm in California).. - I am not going to bother to

Posted: Oct 26th, 2016 - 6:48 pm

try to find another job with another MTSO -- I am positive they all feel the same way in that they don't want to hire from a state where they have to pay more than their idea of what an MT is worth (which is basically around 8/hr and even that is probably too much for them when they can ship it to the Indians for much less....but I digress...) --

I'm thinking the only way I can survive as an MT in CA (which, because my mom has Alzheimer's I pretty much have to telecommute) is to work as an IC.  

Can anyway give me any advice on one issue:  Do companies that hire IC care what state the MT lives in?  I would think not since they don't have to abide by that state's minimum wage law (which MTSOs obviously do not like), among other reasons....Do I even have a chance of finding an IC job of any sort living in CA?  Any other CA MTs working IC exclusively who have ever had a difficult time finding IC work because of the fact they live here?  Thanks in Advance...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)