Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Neighbors..OP please read - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Oct 19th, 2016 - 12:55 am In Reply to: Maybe - Try

The only thing about using a neighbor's WiFi signal is the potential for them to become unhappy with the arrangement and cut it off. By the sounds of it, she lives a good distance from neighbors.

To the OP, if you have decent cellphone reception, you can maybe try something through Verizon as was suggested through a USB modem. I myself do not have this as an option, and it's either dial-up or satellite internet of some kind. I have Hughesnet, but you can also check into Exede. Not optimal, but may be better than CenturyLink. Unfortunately, satellite has a lot of latency which is the reason why a lot of places do not accept satellite internet to work at home. A lot of programs/software does not play well with it and in the end would affect your ability to perform your job.

I did some research about CenturyLink and they have VERY BAD reviews, so if you can get connection through a cellphone/USB modem, or even satellite. Some companies only care about customers paying their bill, not so much about the quality of service they are providing. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)