Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 30)

Nuance's open door policy-a bit late - Firedup

Posted: Oct 18th, 2016 - 4:23 pm

I have never posted on MTStars but have read it faithfully for years. Since I was fired from Nuance (2 months ago), I now feel free to write and express myself.

I was fired for attendance problems, and was warned both verbally and in a written form before I was fired. My top speed with Century Link internet is a 1.2 download. That's when nobody else is on the system in our little burg. Usually my speed is 0.4 to 0.6. I would often sit down to work and find a speed of 0.2, which was not enough for the Enterprise platform.

It was enough when the company was Rodeer and I only had dial-up.

I had enough speed with satellite but when Webmedx sold us to Nuance, it was insufficient speed (approximately 0.7), and satellite was not supported. I got the only available "high speed internet", Century Link.

So after 17 years with the combined companies (with the same situation, and the understanding that there were times I could not work due to low speed), I was fired. I applied for unemployment, as my state says I can receive unemployment if I was fired due to no fault of my own. I don't have the money to start a new internet company, and no other company is available at my address, so I don't see how this was my fault.

Nuance denied unemployment and told the office I was a detriment. Wow, 17 years, the last 3 months of which I had 100% FIESA scores, and this is what I get? Mind you, I worked midnights and evenings, and every weekend night for all those years, to try to get the best speed available.

I was told I could schedule a hearing wherein HR and who knows who else would be on the line and challenge my denial. I just could not face anymore HR phone calls, so I declined to do so.

Imagine my surprise last week when someone (cannot remember her name) called me to assure me that "we have an open door policy at Nuance" and "I should feel free to call any time with problems." ??

I informed the person who called that I had been fired 2 months previously and then denied unemployment, leaving me with nothing. She was very surprised to hear that.

So I have had 2 interviews for jobs (non-MT) and was told that my internet speed was too low. No kidding?

Thank you for letting me express myself! Trying to keep the faith.

I got a password and attempted to move this to the Nuance board, but could not find a space to move it. Very sorry, new to this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)