Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I finally figured out where this is on webclock - and checked back - question

Posted: Oct 18th, 2016 - 6:43 am In Reply to: Variance = clocked time - keyboarding or audio - all smiles

My system hours are usually above 39, even though I do not log out now unless I really know I will be away for awhile, so I guess my hours are within those parameters.

Anyone, like me, just zipping through their shift now and not taking breaks? Frankly, I used to think every minute counted, but now I try and try and get my production up and then boom I get FIESA'd and it all goes down the drain.

So my response is just to aim lower production wise on the whole - but steady - so that at least at the end of the day I am not tacking on hours to make up for time logged out (and then I would still end up getting zinged by FIESA).

I am finding this is a better solution for me since they have now built in with FIESA a disincentive to work OT, a disincentive to be productive or to take care and time with new work. Everything has been flattened out, with no recognition for any special work we do, so I figure as long as they get just 8 hours off me a day at least that's something.

So great to square off against your employer as if it were an opponent, right? Except they are Goliath and we are David and pretty obvious David will NOT win this one.

Working from home is one thing, but I find as I get older and the job conditions in this profession get worse, those 8 hours just drain me completely to the point where I have not a lot of energy to do much of anything at the end of it or before, no matter what I do to attempt to do better, so making my day not so long has helped me a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)