Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 63)

Oh, dear. I'd run a mile in tight shoes - to avoid this job.

Posted: Oct 17th, 2016 - 8:34 am In Reply to: New Speech Recognition Editing Account ? - Elf again

The main question you ask, though, as to whether people can edit twice as many lines as they can transcribe, is pretty easy to answer:

1. If you're a VERY slow typist (say, 150 to 200 lph for straight transcription), you might OCCASIONALLY double your production with SR during an hour here and there that the planets all line up and do the heeby-jeeby to the music of Fats Domino. It will have to be an hour when you get nothing but great dictators and you're extremely familiar with the document content (meaning, few stops to look something up).

2. If you're adept at straight transcription, say on the order of 275 to 300+ lph, if you get typical dictators, if the work requires you to look up and fill in demographics, if you have to look at sample dictations to avoid blanks, etc., the answer is a simple "no", you cannot double your production with SR.

All of that aside, dear, this is a really crappy offer no matter what. Tell them you'd rather have your gallbladder removed through your nose.

I thought I'd heard the worst but these MTSO's can sure prove you wrong.

It's been a lovely party, but I have to scream now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)