Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 32)

Someone paying you three different line rates based - ICManiac

Posted: Oct 16th, 2016 - 10:46 pm In Reply to: New Speech Recognition Editing Account ? - Elf again

is just ripping you off. No other way to say it. I would not take that job.

I rarely use my ICManiac moniker anymore but your questions should concern everyone.

The ONLY way I would take a job where a line had a different definition would be if the pay was approximately the same across all of them. That is to say (in your example): 4 cpl/65 char, 5 and 6 for a longer line count in VR.

Would you be able to do a VR job in half the time compared to ST? There are a number of variables that would affect that outcome:

Is the doctor consistent?
Does everyone who transcribes for every each dictator transcribe that dictator in EXACTLY the same way?
Is there high turnover that would affect the VR learning process?
How often does the VR learning process get activated by their computer to implement the MTs efforts?
Is there a training system in place to have you learn their software (because every platform IS different) - even if you are an IC?

and the list goes on.

There is no good reason to pay you differently based on the work type other than to take money out of your pocket and put it in theirs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)