Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 31)

New Speech Recognition Editing Account ? - Elf again

Posted: Oct 16th, 2016 - 10:06 pm

Ok.  Part 2 from earlier post on switching to IC.  Note these are not meant to be negative posts at all.  I'm hoping to get some good feedback but honest feedback from those who have done this (whether as an IC or as an employee).  I have never done speech recognition editing.  With now being switched over from employee to IC to a company that my former employer sold to, this is now part of the job.  So is this easy to get used to, does it really only take half the time it takes to just transcribe a report, and what else?  The IC company will pay 4 cents per line.  Lines will be:  80 characters per line for clinic notes, 95 characters per line for psychiatric notes, and 65 characters per line for acute care notes.  All 4 cents per line.  Is that pretty much average pay, and just as important (if not more), does it really only take half the time?  It would seem so, but with slang, ESL, fast-talking/mumbling docs, etc., who knows... but technology I am sure has come a long way.   So would I be spending practically as much time going through and fixing/editing all that at 4 cents a line (again, note how many characters equal one line for this company)?  I hope I'm not coming across as difficult or negative or annoying.  But if you ask or search on what an MT company says (or even this one), it's gonna ge sugar coated.  Not being mean, but  I would like an honest opionion from anyone who has done this.  Trying to figure out how much I would be making and how much time it would take to make that amount.  I'm not greedy.  If I were, I would'nt be in in the MT field lol.  I promise this is the last post that has anything to do with all of this stuff.  I would appreciate any input, good or bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)