Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Career Step versus other schools - CPC

Posted: Oct 16th, 2016 - 12:02 pm In Reply to: Help choosing a Medical coding school - Jaded

In the US I have not heard good things about Penn-Foster. If you go to the Med-Line website there is a link where you can request information. You can always phone and speak to someone on-on-one. I attended Career Step and graduated in 2012. At the time they did not furnish any textbooks and I purchased an anatomy and physiology text and a CPT coding text and workbook. I had trouble with E/M coding and the course content was confusing and out of date. If I could do it again I would use Andrews or find a brick and mortar school. Anything that enhances a person's education and provides job opportunity is money well spent so I would have to answer yes. I had a mentor and worked in a medical records department for a year before I sat for and passed the CPC, my employer required that before they would hire me. I work in the outpatient setting so did not attempt the CCS exam but at the time, Career Step did not teach to that level. The course helped but being able to code charts in the real world helped the most. The CS coding practicum was difficult. Again, with Career Step you can request information on line or call and speak to an advisor who would be able to answer all of your questions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)