Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Possible job opportunities - noname

Posted: Oct 13th, 2016 - 9:13 am

I was watching the NBC Nightly News last night and caught a segment on 'Now Hiring: Rush is on to Find Holiday Help." Pull up the NBC Nightly News website in your search engine and click on 'full episodes, clips & videos,' then click on yesterday's segment. At 6:00 into the video, you will find the segment on holiday help. The sound is out on my computer, so I can't put in any quotes, but the forecast for this holiday season is higher than before and apparently there are many companies (Target, Macy's, UPS, etc.) planning on hiring a lot of holiday help and keeping a lot of them on after the holiday!!!

So, if you live close enough to a mall or other shopping areas, check it out. For those who live in remote/rural areas, you could apply for online customer service/chat representatives. If you work full time and don't want to quit MM (or other MTSO) for something seasonal until you find out whether or not you might be hired on full time, you might have to juggle your schedule some to do both, but it may be an excellent way to get your foot in the door for a much better job. We all have just as much chance of being kept on as anyone else.

Good luck to all!!! My post will probably be moved, but I hope it's left here as I want my fellow MTs to have an opportunity to check this out and possibly be able to get out of here!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)