Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Serious questions require - serious answers.

Posted: Oct 11th, 2016 - 6:54 pm

Questions that MTSO's should be required to answer to all of us:

1. Why is the line rate I'm paid the same in 2016 that it was in 2012?

2. Who started the myth that editing should be paid half the line rate that is paid for straight transcription? Your own statistics clearly show you that few people (usually, the slowest transcriptionists) can produce twice the number of lines with editing.

3. Who started the myth that medical transcription is a production job? Your own quality assurance statistics should loudly declare to you that this is a KNOWLEDGE JOB - and if that's the case, then why should a line produced (and/or edited) by ANY means be paid a different line rate?

Let's look at some numbers.

I can transcribe an average of 300 lph, best average for editing 450 lph.

300 * 0.08 = $24.00/hr
450 * 0.04 = $20.00/hr

...and yet, at 450 lph, I am giving you MORE product to deliver to your client, while being paid LESS for doing so. If you can make moral sense out of that, I'll eat your shorts.

4. Why are ALL OF YOU so inept at negotiating decent contract rates with your clients that it's necessary for your incompetence to roll downhill to your transcriptionists? Is there EVEN ONE OF YOU who knows how to BID ON A CONTRACT ON THE BASIS OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN PRICE??!! Dear God, they teach this in Management 101.

5. When are you going to stop shifting costs to ME that legitimately belong to YOU? I'm tired of paying your bills.

6. Why am I not paid for deletions? If I have an entire paragraph that I have to listen to, edit, and then the dictator wipes it out and starts over, I DO NOT GET PAID FOR THAT LABOR.

7. I have 30 years of experience. My quality rating is always 100% or nearly so, and I put very little of my work on hold for someone else to handle BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO SOLVE AMBIGUOUS BLANKS. I take the time to look at a patient's or a doctor's other dictations in order to SOLVE PROBLEMS...YET I AM PAID THE SAME LINE RATE AS SOMEONE WITH 2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WHO COSTS YOU A LOT OF MONEY IN EXTRA HANDLING AND DELAYS.

8. To sum up all the questions above, how do any of you live with yourselves?

Seriously...how do you live with yourselves knowing that you have destroyed a very fine occupation by your greed, your managerial ineptitude and your cowardice with respect to your relationships with your clients. Managerially, most of you are sh*t, and I'm tired of paying for your sh*titude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)