Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Medical Coding - Moby

Posted: Oct 11th, 2016 - 12:41 pm In Reply to: Help choosing a Medical coding school - Jaded

I am obtaining my medical coding and billing through Careerstep.

What you did like or did not like about the course? I love that you work at your own pace; if you really apply yourself you can get through the program in a relatively short period of time.
Do you consider it money well spent? Most definitely. The hospital I worked for put their coders through the program.
How helpful was it when it was time to go for the CPC or CCS certification exam? I have not yet reached that stage, but the ladies I know who took the program all passed their CCS the first time with no problems.
Did what you learn, help when you got the job? Not employed as a coder as yet. However, I interviewed for a coder in training job and they only accept coders who obtained their CCS through a few programs, Careerstep being one of them.
Where the books that came with the course enough or did you still have to buy more? They provide all of the books, references, etc you need to successfully complete the program.
Also from what I have researched each of these schools allow coding practice on world information. How was that part of the course? I have not yet reached the coding part of the course, just getting ready to test out of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology.

Hope this helps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)