Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 35)

I LIKE coding; don't LOVE it - sm - MT2coder

Posted: Oct 1st, 2016 - 5:49 am In Reply to: Do you guys enjoy coding? - Amber

I loved transcription; it was second nature to me from the beginning. But eventually the profession turned to crap and my hands gave out. I did get burned out from time to time but would have ridden it out to the end if it hadn't tanked.

I turned to coding a while back and while I do LIKE it, it isn't my true passion in life. I will continue to do it because my job pays well and it's not boring, by any means. But it is a LOT to remember - I personally am expected to learn all types of coding which is difficult at times to remember all the rules for each.

My pay went up substantially by a total fluke of circumstances of which I benefitted because I was in the right place at the right time. I am lucky to work locally for a community hospital and I work at home. Also through a lucky set of circumstances, I fell into this job. Before that, even being certified, it was difficult to break into the field.

So it is definitely do-able if you find a job that fits what you need and hopefully you like what you code. Mine is interesting most days.

I sometimes miss the "easy" days of MT. It just was no-thinking for me and simple. Coding is much, much more brain work and remembering all the rules. MT might be that for some people but after I had done it so long, it was easy-breezy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)