Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

NOT A LIAR - CS Grad

Posted: Sep 29th, 2016 - 11:56 am In Reply to: You are exceptional - Another CS grad

Excuse me? I am not a liar!! First of all, I asked if I could pass out and was given the instructions that yes I could pass out by taking all the unit and module tests for each section. Did you ask? Additionally, I was never an MT that guessed or just willy nilly went with what I thought the doctor was saying, it all had to make sense in my mind, I researched what I typed and learned disease processes, anatomy, terminology, and pharmacology while I transcribed for 25 years.

Second, I also took a CCS prep course after CS to help in the areas on the CCS that Career Step did not cover fully, or as much as I felt I needed anyway. However, I do know of others who did not take a prep course of any kind and still passed the CCS right out of Career Step.

In less than 9 months, I graduated from Career Step with honors, passed the CPC, CCS, and CRC credentialing exams (3 in 3 months) and landed my first remote coding job within one week of passing the first exam. In fact, I not only passed each credentialing exam on my first try (when less than 50% pass the first time), I also passed the CPC magna cum laude on the first try.

It was a very hard course and the credentialing exams not easy. It is getting harder and harder to find a remote position in coding as a new coder, most employers are looking for 3-5 years of experience. However, it is possible.

I worked hard for my credentials and it is extremely rude and ignorant of you to tell me that I am a liar and had access to answer keys. Obviously you have no clue what it takes or what is involved or you would have more respect for your fellow MTs/coders than that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)