Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I used to like it too - anon2

Posted: Sep 29th, 2016 - 10:45 am In Reply to: I Used To Like This Job - Submonkey

I started out as an independent contractor for a small company based in Texas back in 2009. We were left to work on our own, communicated by e-mail and yahoo messenger and if extra help was needed we were glad to jump in and help but for the main part we worked on our 1 or 2 accounts. If we needed to be off, we didn't worry with having enough paid time off as we were ICs and could take off for appointments and vacations as long as we let them know in advance. There was no FIESA either. When the owner retired, we were sold to Accentus, still had a pretty good deal going, still an IC, still could take off when we needed to. Fast forward, we were acquired by Nuance and were still ICs for a while, then they made us employees and things started slowly getting worse. Sorry for the long post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)