Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 53)

Took me... - CS Grad

Posted: Sep 26th, 2016 - 9:14 am In Reply to: How long did it take you to do the CS course? - Possibility

It took me about five months. I passed out of all the terminology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and anatomy sections due to my previous MT experience. Yes, I worked full time as an MT while I attended CS. I obtained the CCS after obtaining my first job while all my schooling was fresh in my mind, as well as to round out my marketability for future positions as my first position was a stepping stone only. Real world coding rules are often very different based on payer guidelines and client guidelines. It is much easier to pass the credentialing exams straight out of school than after mixing in payer rules, etc. I also obtained the CRC (risk adjustment coding credential through AAPC) as that seems to be the easiest type of coding for a new coder to break into.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)