Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MTs for change - Miserable on site

Posted: Sep 25th, 2016 - 3:54 pm In Reply to: Do As You Like - MTs For Change

I haven't read or signed the petition yet but I do have to question why the need to have MT around forever or to restore things to the way they used to be is so important. I understand the wage issue, but by the time you raise the funds and lobby the parties involved there isn't going to be much there to salvage. I do see some hospital MT jobs advertised in my state from time to time and if that were doable, people could try for something like that and regain some wage stability and benefits as most of those pay an hourly wage. I loved being an MT and think I was able to last longer than most, but I accept the change. In November I'm getting out of the MT side of things altogether and work as a medical records tech, QA has become too stressful. Worker retraining is a very good suggestion and that's already available through most Skill Source or employment security offices, a federal program has been in place for quite a while. In regard to EMR systems and Dragon, the handwriting has been on the wall for quite a while. Facilities get hit in the pocketbook for non-compliance and with our aging population Medicare reimbursement is huge. Maybe you have time to wait and see if things turn around or improve for MTs; I admire your perseverance, many people gave up long ago and accepted it for what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)