Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Sad but true - Miserable on site.

Posted: Sep 25th, 2016 - 9:48 am In Reply to: I saw an entire hospital system do away with transcription altogether - NickMT

I hate to say it but I agree with NickMT. Where I work, which is a smaller health care system, with the adoption of Epic and now Nuance Dragon and Escription, transcription is on the way out. We are down to a couple of people to monitor workflow, troubleshoot problems and babysit the system. Collectively, we've gone from a staff of over 50 down to 7 or 8 and that number will shortly be reduced again. What transcription work is left gets done offshore at cut rate prices. Of course it has happened gradually over time, but the future is here. I admire the efforts to obtain better pay and working conditions but there is nothing anyone can do to restore those jobs. Many MTSOs are struggling financially because they are losing accounts and are being forced to pay less to compete with foreign companies. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that transcription as we knew it is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)