Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I disagree a bit with this outlook - LMT

Posted: Sep 25th, 2016 - 8:16 am In Reply to: I love this cause, but technology is going to do away with the need for clerical people, period. - NickMT

because, sure as more technology comes around it seems that way, but seriously until they absolutely perfect technology (which IMHO will be decades from now) they will always need human beings to "clean up" technology's mistakes. VR editing is the perfect example of that. Oh boy...they thought they could get rid of us typists once and for all with this VR software, but I think it has backfired on them, because here we still are and we are not going down without a fight. VR software has a LONG way to go before they can rely on it totally without us MTs to fix it and i will do whatever I can to help our MT industry be around for as long as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)