Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

You hit the nail right on the head - Ex-KSMT

Posted: Sep 23rd, 2016 - 5:03 pm In Reply to: family run business - frustrated

The owner has many things going on now and has started a brand new business that has absolutely nothing to do with MT. She's apparently also a "professional speaker" now, which makes me literally laugh right out loud. What does she speak about? How to totally screw your employees out of a paycheck and get away with it?

The bottom line, as others have pointed out, is that the family members and friends that she has helping her run Keystrokes are totally unqualified. Many of them couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag. The owner has a huge house in Illinois along with a beach front condo in Miami. She drives fancy cars, goes on expensive vacations, and attends multiple concerts and professional sporting events. Exactly where is she getting the money for all of these things when she can't even pay her employees??? Yes, they did used to be a good company back in the 2000s. I actually really enjoyed working for them from 2004 until about 2010, which is when things all started going downhill. It was like an avalanche of one thing after another after another. I stuck it out for 2 whole years hoping that things would get better, hoping that it was just a phase and that everything would eventually get back to normal, but obviously it wasn't. I don't know if they just took on way more than they could handle (and clearly didn't pay any of their taxes) or what caused this severe downhill spiral, but they definitely were never the same company again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)