Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

You just proved my point - my hours on webclock - equal my hours on platform

Posted: Sep 21st, 2016 - 6:05 am In Reply to: One thing in your reply that is completely wrong... - sm

I don't really understand what you mean about "4 or 5 hours' difference" - I never have ANY difference between webclock and platform, maybe 2 minutes. Therefore, how would the lph be in any way compromised?

In point of fact, even on a daily basis I never differ in my webclock from my platform more than say 10 or 15 minutes.

Again, I'm sure whoever tallies these things up has access to both your webclock and your platform. If I were in any way "working off the clock" and guilty of "clock/time theft" I do think they would nail me on that, since I have been doing it this way for years.

I do NOT work off the clock, I just find webclock a pain in the butt and do not like to clock in and out of it 10 times a day, so it's more a matter of two time keeping systems that add up to the same number of hours at the end of the day/week.

It is hard enough getting a decent line count when I total 8 hours a day on my platform and webclock. If you are differing 5 hours a week (presumably 5 hours less on platform than webclock?), doesn't that make your line count way lower? We are production workers. They do NOT pay us for breaks or checking email, so therefore it is not required we lower our line count by doing these things on the clock. I think they pay something for OOW, but not much.

Talk about misinformation, if we are all doing this differently, I have to think comparing notes is a good thing. Maybe just comparing notes without accusing someone of theft might be better, when it doesn't sound like you have a good idea what it is I do, nor did the other poster.

I try to take as few log-out breaks as possible since logging in and out of the platform means I add it on at the end of the day to equal 8, and it's amazing how much time you have to add on if you log out for everything - really makes you miss having a normal job where they don't dock you for going to the bathroom.

But if people are coming up short 5 hours a week on their platform versus webclock, of course your line count will be bad and you will make close to minimum wage, unless you are doing really high line counts when you are in the platform. You are scheduled for 8 hours a day, you are entitled to show 8 hours a day on your platform since you are production based. Nice that they "allow" 5 hours "breaks" but if they don't pay me for it I ain't going to take it.

Just wondering, not accusing anyone of anything, but how many of us make the webclock and platform equal in hours, and how many actually are short in platform hours at the end of the week?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)