Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Aquity.. (Views: 33)

same thing here - Me Too

Posted: Sep 20th, 2016 - 12:11 pm In Reply to: Buyout - Chi-town Lady

The changes were slow and gradual. My team leader also came to N with our move, so I still had her. I was able to stay on my BeyondTXT platform (or a form of it, anyway) and keep my old couple of accounts, though those trickled to nothing or went away over time, for whatever reason (we are never informed), so I've learned new accounts. I was doing both speech recognition editing and straight typing at the other company, but at N my jobs are at least 95% speech recognition, which makes sense because they make and market that software for healthcare systems. N's Speech Rec was much better than what we had before, I thought, but the typing formatting was different and clumsier, so it ended up a wash in terms of my speed. By the time we were 100% converted to Nuance, it was definitely worse than prior in terms of pay and benefits. N has a few platforms and different types of work, even somewhat different pay scales depending on the platform, so my experience may or may not be typical. I wanted to quit a long time ago but haven't, only because I love what I do and have found little else that I think I'd like just as well or better---plus prospective employers have been unresponsive to applications or I've not made the final cut when interviewed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)