Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

In over 30 years I've had exactly one supervisor who - could not transcribe.

Posted: Sep 20th, 2016 - 8:40 am In Reply to: LOL - I have yet to see a supervisor who can - transcribe worth a dime.

It was an in-house situation much like yours, and the fact is that she was a medical records supervisor, not a transcriptionist. She had taken a course in transcription as part of her MR certification training, but of course that doesn't make anyone a transcriptionist.

I am a former supervisor myself, transcribing now because I'm semi-retired. My last production rates were 327 avg lines per hour straight transcription, 462 average lph editing and quality rating was 99.68 with no critical errors and the lowest on-hold percentage (blanks etc) of the entire team. I do every work type for a large hospital group with 8 different hospitals, and with a very large proportion of ESL dictators.

I say these were my last numbers, but I perform at this level every period without exception.

I think that's transcribing, but I guess you'd say otherwise. And I've had supervisors who could leave me in the dust.

When we assume that our own personal experience - which is but a sample of a larger reality - is necessarily representative of that reality, we make a lot of errors in thinking and judgment. It's a common logical fallacy, and it's called PREJUDICE. I'm sure you've heard of it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)