Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Transcription Express - MTKid

Posted: Sep 16th, 2016 - 10:32 am

Transcription Express (jobs.transcriptionexpress.com) recruits for verbatim insurance/business/legal transcription. I applied, received recruiter's e-mail requesting details on my 1099/IC status. Did she even read my resume? I replied with only IC history, then received a verbose e-mail stating how I'm a good fit, blah-blah-blah: 

Although you might be an experienced transcriptionist, our clients require a unique and specific type of verbatim transcription, therefore all our prospective transcription Vendors must participate in our comprehensive online Vendor Qualification Program before being qualified to transcribe for our clients. 

We charge a fee of $299.00 for a prospective Vendor to participate in our online Vendor Qualification Program.  The fee covers the cost of client specific training and licensing fees and is paid prior to receiving your software and beginning the Vendor Qualification Program (after testing and acceptance on both your part and ours).

Excuse me? Never discussed job reqs, equipment, pay rate, etc. And in defense of MTs, I shot back my 2-cents' worth in a terse e-mail, withdrawing my app! IMHO I've better places to spend $299 than on a quasi-scam.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)