Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Consider the rest of your life - SynMT82

Posted: Aug 26th, 2016 - 5:16 pm In Reply to: What would you do? - anon

Unless you desperately need this job NOW, consider your needs for the remainder of your life, and what your education can do to help that. I'm near retirement age and regret not furthering my education or getting out of the MT field years ago. It is entirely possible that the in-house MT job could go to an outsource company, or some point-and-click system or who knows what else, at any time with no notice. It happened to me, and it's been downhill since then. In the meantime, it was "too late" to go back to school and learn a new way to earn a living that would carry me to bigger things for a more sustained period of time.. I'd say, finish your current course and keep learning, no matter what career it leads to, as there will always be changes, always new things to learn. Someone can take away your MT job at any moment, any job can become non-existent, but no one can take away your education once you have it. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)