Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Old MT - CMT/QA/MT

Posted: Aug 26th, 2016 - 2:26 pm In Reply to: Question - Old MT

Hey, YOUNG MT at heart. I have heard that they can't post on this site if they pay 7 cpl, but don't know about mtjobs.com.

I hope they could do it too, but how could we fix that? Maybe we could? I agree with you on the not knowing what we are getting into when we spend an enormous amount of time testing for jobs and don't know the wages or outcome of potential time wasted. It is horrible.

I was thinking about how when I used to work in credit/collections for large corporations long ago that you just sent your resume, had an interview, and got hired. How easy that was, but now there is more and more time wasted not knowing and worrying, which is why some posters are so stressed.

I took a test recently and passed the extra-large amount of questions with flying colors, but on the transcription end there were some discrepancies on their part where the QA person did not know their stuff and I think several people lost new jobs over it. As a QA person, I tried to point out the possibility of a problem where they marked things as wrong, but you know they don't want to hear it. I often wish it could be like old times where several of us could work together side-by-side quietly in an office or hospital with good pay and benefits and be very happy with a job well done and our paychecks. It makes me sick as I get older to have these issues.

I also got stuck with a higher amount to pay for Medicare this year on early retirement than the previous persons. I have to pay $122 a month out of my Social Security check for the MANDATORY medical coverage for which I am grateful, but I am not happy about the MANDATORY part of it and the higher price for me being a new person on the system. So, we could go on and on about this stuff. I am working until I am 70 to obtain my highest Social Security benefits, but did early retire, but as long as I work, my benefits will increase to the highest level.

Hey, you always-young MT, I hear you and agree with the troubles. Have the best day knowing that somebody is trying to be happy right along side of you! One thing I noticed is that several companies who still have traditional transcription have a lot of work and are seemingly paying higher amounts than in the last few years, so I sense something is changing a bit for the better.

On the down side with electronic medical record transfers, I think the voice recognition jobs are dwindling possibly because of that, but that is just what I noticed and I don't know more. Good luck to you all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Question - Old MT (Views: 584, 2016-08-25, 8:22 pm)
    • Old MT - CMT/QA/MT