Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

How much time do you take off as an IC - wondering

Posted: Aug 26th, 2016 - 9:10 am

I am still an employee.  I have been with 3 companies, now 4, and just when I got to the point where my PTO would increase to 3 weeks, the companies were sold and PTO cut.  About to happen again.  I am nearing retirement age, less than 2 years, and in the future plan on becoming an IC.  Pay or no pay, time off is becoming very important to me.  After all these years, I want to spend holidays and weekends with my family.  Husband is 12 years older and he is home during these times, but is basically alone because I have to work most of the time.  We only get a short vacation once a year at this point due to finances.  In the future I would love to know what it is like to have a week off.  Do companies who hire ICs tolerate this?  I would like to have 1 week each quarter, 4 weeks.  Is that unreasonable? 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)