Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

One question - if you please

Posted: Aug 26th, 2016 - 6:25 am In Reply to: Hey, you negative posters on CMT/CHDS, AHDI - CMT/QA a long time

How on earth do you afford it? I just don't get that.

Anyone who can afford the cost of the test alone, in addition to the cost of getting there, let alone maintaining certification year after year, etc., has got to have another source of income.

I had thought seriously about getting my certification probably 8-10 years ago, back when I was making good money, really for the same reasons you state. Even then, when the MTSOs did give you slightly more per line with it, the cost was prohibitive, so I just passed.

Like so many things, those of you lecturing the rest of us perhaps should disclose how you can afford this kind of thing just to make yourself feel professional while the rest of us are wondering if we have to go to the food pantry yet again and dreading the arrival of winter with all its attendant heating costs (or relative very serious financial difficulties).

I sincerely doubt anyone is making the kind of money in this field that would in any way justify getting that certification. If you want to get it to make yourself feel good, feel "professional" - go right ahead.

But, before lecturing, spare a thought for those of us who have gone bankrupt, maybe live in a rural area with not a lot of other job prospects, are on food stamps, and are wondering how to pay even some of our bills. Think on that for a minute. Just total bewilderment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)