Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I once told a doctor - CaliMt

Posted: Aug 26th, 2016 - 2:21 am In Reply to: What I really want to know is - justme

who was interviewing me to do his transcription as an IC that I charged a certain amount per 65-character line including spaces. He said that he didn't want to pay for spaces. I told him that in that case, I would leave them out. He was stunned. And then he said he would pay my rate.

Unfortunately, as an employee or even as an IC for these national companies, you can't do that. All we can do is refuse to accept what they offer and see if they will negotiate. If they won't, we have to go elsewhere. Since every national seems to be the same, there's not much choice out there. I wish I knew how to change it, because what used to be an excellent job has become slave labor that requires an education for which you could expect to earn at least $60,000, at least here in California. It's absolutely criminal how they keep getting away with it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)