Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

OP, do you know what website your on? Let's talk about AHDI... - AmericanMT

Posted: Aug 25th, 2016 - 12:47 pm In Reply to: You do realize this is not an AHDI website, yes? - sm

So first this is NOT an AHDI website or forum.

Let's talk about the AHDI. Why on earth would any American MT patronize this organization? This is an organization lining their pockets with your membership dues and fees for their so-called certification test which means diddly squat. Sure, if you work for one of the MTSOs, they tout the AHDI Book of Style and pat you on the head by offering you a full cent more per line for being a CMT. Gee thanks! So you passed a test made up of their rules which change periodically just so they can put out a revised book of style charging you suckers 80 bucks a pop. How many editions have their been so far? Oh wait, you get a discount if you're an AHDI member, sorry! What is, $50 if you're a member?

I was a CMT back when the AHDI was the AAMT aka the AMERICAN Association of Medical Transcription. So when American MT jobs were being sent to third world countries severely impacting job security and salary potential for the American MT, where was the AAMT? Why didn't they lobby on our behalf to keep our jobs in America? What was the response of the AMERICAN Association for Medical Transcription? They changed their name, took American out. They became AHDI and extended their credentialing services to our third-world counterparts. Hell, they even recruited CMTs to go to China at one point to TRAIN them to do our job!!!!!

Wake up you fool! The AHDI is an organization made up of money grubbing, unpatriotic, self-serving, lying pack of wolves. They have absolutely no purpose but to steal our money. They are not our advocate. They are not our friend. They can take their credentials and their book of style and stick it where the sun doesn't shine!

I challenge the OP to give me ONE example of how the AHDI advocates for the American MT? Give me one tangible benefit of being a member or having your CMT through AHDI? AND One cent per line is NOT tangible, so come up with someone else!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)