Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I posted on the other thread - see postscript

Posted: Aug 24th, 2016 - 8:05 am In Reply to: Hey, you negative posters on CMT/CHDS, AHDI - CMT/QA a long time

My other post was under "CHDS - sm."

I tested for and earned my CMT in the 80s, as I said before. My MTSO employer paid the fee for everyone in the office (probably 25 people) to test under one proctor, and the MTSO owner proudly quoted the high percentage of CMTs when negotiating hospital contracts. At that time, I don't think anyone studied. The test was a breeze and relevant to typical MT work; even so, not everyone passed.

I don't doubt that the CHDS is likely a much more difficult test than the CMT of the 80s. This is obviously a source of pride for those of you who earn it, and I congratulate you. There's a lot to be said for obtaining a credential for its own sake, even though employers generally don't recognize or compensate adequately for it, if at all.

As I said, I let my CMT expire. Good MTs used to be in demand, the number of jobs abundant, and the pay fabulous. I never had trouble getting a job in the old days.

There was a brief time I considered testing for the CHDS but...who knows? I might not have passed despite my experience. I've heard that the test questions cover obscure material, and I didn't have the time or $$. It is said, "You don't have to know everything; you just have to know where to find it," and we MTs are great researchers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)