Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I agree with You Do Not Realize This Is Not an AHDI Website - StillAnMT

Posted: Aug 24th, 2016 - 7:09 am In Reply to: You do realize this is not an AHDI website, yes? - sm

Getting the CMT/ CHDS is quite an achievement. I do not think anyone here who knows about that credential is denying that.

From an economic point of view, this credential carries little, if any, weight. Would a doctor get whatever licensing/ credentials/ etc just for personal reasons if they could practice without it? Would a lawyer? Would any professional?

If the Medical Transcription climate would have stayed where it was in the 1980s, 1990s then perhaps AAMT could have lobbied the government for us transcriptionists to have to get credentialed in the same way governments require court recorders. For all I know, that was their intention. If that was the case, that would have been wonderful job security for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)