Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It is not baloney. - CMT/QA a long time

Posted: Aug 23rd, 2016 - 5:47 pm In Reply to: Are companies still falling for this CMT certification baloney? - I see on a very big website SM

The CMT status is one you have to study and test for plus it has continuing education requirements every 3 years that you have to compile and submit. This is very tedious, but you have to do it to keep the credential. If you let it expire, you cannot use the title after your name. The CHDS is not the same. This is a second credential that does not currently replace the CMT. It requires more knowledge as if we are lab techs, x-ray techs, op nurses, pharmacists, etc. That is kind of extreme, but I think it is so that we can be blamed for more mistakes. I was told by AHDI that the CMT title will stay and I can continue to do continuing education for that. You can take a bridge course to convert to CHDS that will give you 10 credits towards the 30 credits that you have to earn every 3 years. Congratulations to the CHDS who posted; this is quite an accomplishment. Employers may look to hire CMT/CHDS for an underlying reason other than the title. It shows the willingness to work extra hard to achieve something and stick with it. We may ALL be great MTs with or without it, but please to not demean these titles. They take a lot of work to maintain. I have never heard of people being grandfathered in without a test. Everyone I know from way back took the test. If people got grandfathered in, why wasn't I? Does anyone actually know the truth? Well, I don't know, but hope this clears things up a bit. If you retire, you can pay $50 to get the CMT changed to CMT-R and still use the title. If you let it expire, you cannot use the title because employers can check to see if it is current. Have a great day to all the great MTs, credentialed or not. We all work hard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)