Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

As someone who has the CHDS credential, - I have nothing but

Posted: Aug 23rd, 2016 - 1:58 pm In Reply to: Are companies still falling for this CMT certification baloney? - I see on a very big website SM

admiration for anyone else who has one. The test was not easy, and I studied for a long time before being brave enough to take it. I don't imagine that there are a lot of those who have been grandfathered in still working. That said, I don't know if I will keep the credential next time because the CEC classes are of minimal value to me, and I know it does not matter at all to most employers (mine gave me $50, which did not even cover the cost of taking the test). As far as AHDI, I think it is mostly a group of hardworking volunteers who are trying to realize a vision of what being truly professional could be. I have great admiration for what they are trying to accomplish even though I do not belong (it is possible to get your CECs without belonging to AHDI as I have already done that once). I probably would join if they had a lower dues option for people who only work part-time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)