Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Have second thoughts - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2016 - 9:49 pm In Reply to: Considering the MT field work at home - Mimi2Lots

MT is dying, seriously. UNLESS, and that is UNLESS you are lucky enough to find an in-house job at a hospital, there is no money to be made. Even if you do take the courses, most hospitals want experienced workers and are not willing to bank on a newbie. Then even if you do get in the door, you have to wonder how much longer before your job is outsourced to an MTSO. I worked for a healthcare system for nearly 8 years before my job was outsourced. I now make not even half of what I used to make.

Also, a majority of the work is now either sent overseas to foreign workers or outsourced to smaller US companies who use independent contractors. This means low or no work. Also, if you work for an MTSO, prepare yourself for the dirty antics they use to cut money off your paycheck for "mistakes" that are not even really mistakes. These companies have literally ruined lives. There are many of us that have years, 10, 20, 30+, and we cannot support ourselves, let alone our children or other household residents. We have lost houses, had cars repoed, had marriages end in divorce....you name it.

You would be better served by saving your money and considering a different field/career. MT used to be a career but not so now. There is a reason why there has been a mass exodus of MTs leaving. Take seriously every post above mine. We are trying to save you hard times and heartache. Check out RatRaceRebellion.com if you really want a work at home job. There are all kinds of jobs there that are legit and I am sure you have skills that you could put to use without a huge payout for classes.

As the National Weather Service says during a flood...Turn around....dont drown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)