Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript just let go lots of top paid people.. (Views: 56)

Your post - Rainwoman

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2016 - 3:56 pm In Reply to: My Post - Mimi2Lots

Quite possible the dislike was to the idea of getting into the MT field and not a reaction to you personally. I agree with the posters who say not to do it. I was an MT for over 25 years, at home except for the first 5 years. Ten years ago it was a fairly decent way to work from home, not now. Much of the work has gone overseas or is done by speech recognition. What work is available has steadily declined in wages and working conditions. It's basically an electronic sweatshop now. There is almost no on-the-job training, except maybe a few hours on a company's particular software. You punch a timecard and have to account for every minute unless you're an IC (and as a newbie it's pretty difficult to find IC work). They want you to work nights, weekends and holidays. Quality control is usually pretty awful, if it exists. To add to what's already been said, there are almost no companies that use Windows 10, so if that's what you have you'd have to figure out how to downgrade your operating system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)