Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 71)

Do not do it! - Old MT

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2016 - 3:29 pm In Reply to: First of all, you will not - be able to

Please don't waste your money thinking that you will make any working as an MT. It doesn't work that way any more. I have 45+ years of experience and I am not even making minimum wage doing VR. It is not my choice but it's the only type of job I could find. I can type circles around this crappy voice "wreck" and yet my line rate has been cut in half to 4 cents and some places aren't even paying that. It is definitely a dying "profession" and I wish I could find something else to at least make some decent money. Please take the advice of those of us who either "are there or have been there. I would NEVER tell anyone to go into doing MT in this day and age. If I could find another job, I would also be gone ASAP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)