Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Ugh. Been there. - Busy MT

Posted: Aug 17th, 2016 - 11:43 pm In Reply to: LEE PERFECT - Uhhhh - not so much

I've been through a couple of "sell outs" before and it was not fun at all. My first one was when CyMed sold out to SPI (another offshore company) back in 2006. I was still fairly new to the MT industry back then, having only been an MT for couple of years, so like an idiot, I bought into their whole "nothing will change" pitch and I stayed for several months longer than I should have and literally watched the company crash and burn. I ended up getting out just in time, about a month before they axed all American MTs and QA staff.

The second sellout I went through was 2-3 years ago when TransTech announced that they were selling out to IMEDEX. Being a lot more experienced and knowledgeable this time around, I immediately quit. I wasn't about to go through a repeat of 2006 and hauled ass out of there as soon as they made the announcement! I had literally just started at TransTech a month or two earlier, so I didn't have really anything invested in the company to entice me to stick around. I've been working as an IC on a great account ever since then and hope to never go through another sellout ever again!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)