Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

My experience - Rusty

Posted: Aug 16th, 2016 - 8:29 am In Reply to: How insulting - Bob Snark

I started out 25 years ago, got a medical terminology course at a local place. now you can do it on the net. Then looked in the phone book for MT companies (there were loads of them back then, great ones, small ones, perfect ones to start out on),and she hired me. I worked in office until trained. I quit 3 times, told her I couldn't do it. She would wait a few days, call me back and ask if I was ready to try again. So I did. Long story short, working for her experience was limited and found trouble getting another job, went to a trade college to learn MT, and it just went uphill from there. But then MM and Nuisance started buying out all the smaller companies, and now we are left with this crap we call a job. I would say with no formal training, no. Their standards are way out of a no experience person's league. Look on Flexjobs.com, great place friends get extra money coming in, and look at Forbes list of work at home companies. I know Amazon hires home workers, as does Comcast and others to handle their service calls. Good luck, sorry I couldn't offer you more hope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)